Wobbly lines in autumn
I have totally optimized the code for Carter right now, there are no garbage collecter issues anymore and the drawing of the background is now completely done by the hardware – which is nice (hardware instancing is awesome)! Now I have to get back to designing the game and drawing graphics for it! I also managed to get some work done on the out-of-game level editor. This thing will make life a lot easier for me as it is a windows forms application containing the XNA display. It is actually integrated into the animtool I presented a couple of months earlier.
I did some quick sketches in Sketchbook just to see how some things come out. You can see the result below, I was totally not happy with the linework that I got when using Sketchbook. I have been trying out a couple of settings but so far, the lines are wobbly and totally unacceptable for me. In Photoshop I have found out the right settings to get the kind of linework that I want to achieve (pretty default actually) but in Sketchbook I can’t seem to get it right. Such a shame, it is one of the coolest software around (and very affordable).
Anyway I wasn’t happy with the inking but after painting and resizing it (about half the size) it looks kinda OK. I guess I’ll be using Photoshop until I sort out the line thing…
This is my version of the German Mechanic. (hint:movie reference!)